Spring Recipes To Cook in Your Qwil Apartment
Spring has sprung, which means it is time to add some new recipes to the weeknight rotation. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for creating in your new Qwil luxury apartment kitchen, from satisfying mains to easy sides made with the season’s best veggies.
When you need a super-fast weeknight dinner, lamb chops are the way to go.
1/4 c. freshly chopped rosemary
5 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
2 lb. small lamb chops, trimmed of fat
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- On a large plate, combine rosemary and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Press lamb chops into the mixture and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Working in batches, cook lamb until nicely browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Ground Chicken Tacos With Creamy Salsa
-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
-½ cup diced red bell pepper
-½ cup chopped onion
-salt and pepper
-2 cloves of garlic minced
-2 teaspoons ground cumin
-½ teaspoon coriander
-¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1 packet of sazon seasoning
-1 pound ground chicken
-2 teaspoons flour
-1 adobe pepper
-1 cup chicken stock
-12 taco shells
- In a large saute pan with straight sides over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the red and green bell pepper, onion, and then season with salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Saute until the vegetables are tender, then add the garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and sazon seasoning. Cook for a minute or so, then add the ground chicken and cook, breaking up the chicken with a wooden spoon while stirring. Make sure to really break up the ground chicken on this step, so there are no large clumps.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, sprinkle the flour over the top and stir while cooking to allow the flour to blend into the chicken for a few minutes. Add the chicken stock, then raise the heat to a simmer and cook until the stock thickens a bit, for 4-5 minutes. Serve in warm taco shells topped with shredded lettuce and a dollop of creamy salsa.
- Creamy Salsa: Combine the tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, scallion, sour cream, hot sauce, garlic, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste, refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Lemon Braised Artichokes
Don’t worry about thawing frozen artichoke hearts for this recipe. You’ll simmer them straight from the freezer in water, white wine, lemon, and olive oil for 10 minutes until they’re tender. The perfect side to enjoy poolside, up on Qwil’s aerial lounge, or even Qwil’s director’s room with an entertainers kitchen.
- Bring ½ cup each water and white wine, two 9-ounce packages of frozen artichoke hearts, 3 wide strips of lemon zest, and 2 tablespoon lemon juice and olive oil to a simmer in a large saucepan season with salt and pepper—cover and cook, stirring halfway through, until the artichokes are tender, around 10 minutes. Uncover and add 2 minced garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, butter, chopped parsley, and mint. Cook and stir until the garlic softens, 1-2 more minutes.
Roasted Beets With Feta
Toss sweet roasted beets with tangy feta and crunchy scallions for a vibrant and flavor-packed side.
- Peel 4 medium beets and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste on a baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees F, stirring once or twice, until tender, 35 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; toss with 4 chopped scallions and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Top with crumbled feta.
These recipes are so good; you will want to eat them all year long. Make sure to tag us on Instagram, @liveqwil, in all your cooking photos we can not wait to see. For more recipes, local restaurant hotspots, or just a guide to your Qwil neighborhood, explore our other blog posts.